Power PointersProductivity tips and insights for improving essential behaviors that impact personal and organizational growth and performance
Be the Change You Want to See in the World
September is National Self-Improvement Month—A great time to take a fresh look at changes needed in order to reach our goals and take advantage of the opportunities ahead of us. We have greater abilities and capacity than we can imagine, but reaching our full potential requires discovering our strengths and building upon them. Success rests on whether we use those strengths, rather than placing ourself in positions that rely on areas where we are not strong.
Invest in your future by discovering and appreciating your unique gifts. Then put them to use so that you become the person you are capable of being. Here are some questions to get started.
- What are your strengths? How are you using them? Which areas are not being used to the best of your ability?
- How can you focus and build upon them?
- What training, development and career opportunities would help you utilize—even improve—your strengths?
- How can you use your talents to help your organization reach its goals?
- What can you do in order to similarly help your family and community?
- Sometimes change is hard. Are you willing to pursue the things you should more diligently?
- When will you start?
Success is connected to your actions. Take charge of your self-improvement efforts. Be willing to change. Be patient; growth is a process so don’t expect to see transformation overnight, but beware of procrastination. Continuously expand your skills and abilities. As you take responsibility for your future, your perseverance will pay enormous dividends in terms of personal fulfillment, and professional growth.